The Government is inviting the public to take part in a public consultation to help it better understand how it can support and interact with faith groups in England.
How should the Government engage with faith groups in England: Have your say now.
The results of an online government survey, which went live on Friday and runs until 11 December, will inform a national review, led by Colin Bloom, the Faith Engagement Adviser at the Ministry for Housing Communities and Local Government (MHCLG), into how best the Government should engage with religious groups in the country.
This call for evidence aims to collect views to underpin the Faith Engagement Review and poses a series of questions around how those of all faiths, or none, perceive the government’s engagement with faith organisations.
Because the review is specifically about faith and religion, priority will be given to responses that fit within those parameters.
Space is given for respondents to share their views in a way that they feel is appropriate.
He is particularly interested in hearing from the following groups of people.
- Members of the public who identify as having a religion, or people who have a faith.
- Faith and Religious leaders (voluntary or professional) in places of worship or faith-based organisations and charities.
- Public servants such as civil servants, teachers, the police and healthcare workers.
- Anyone who is or has been engaged with the British Military in any capacity.
- Anyone who is or has been engaged in the Criminal Justice System in any capacity.
- You can find the link to the Call for Evidence page by clicking here.
The Call for Evidence can be completed anonymously and has been purposefully designed to allow anyone who is uncomfortable sharing personal information to still be able to provide their views in an anonymous way. However, if someone wants to leave their contact details, they are free to do so.
Mr Bloom would greatly appreciate your support through the following actions:
- Completing this Call for Evidence yourself. Your contribution will be hugely helpful.
- Forward the link of this Call for Evidence webpage (https://www.gov.uk/government/consultations/independent-faith-engagement-review-call-for-evidence) to others, especially to people who fall into the categories listed above.
- Share this Call for Evidence Webpage Link on twitter, Facebook and any other the social media you use. The more people that see it the better the results will be.
Take part and then please pass it on to others.
This consultation closes at 11:45pm on 11 December 2020